We wanted to share a fun, crafty option for classroom Valentines that's easy for kids to help create. These printable coloring cards are fun to pair with DIY shaped crayons (tutorial below) or, for a simpler version, add a couple of regular crayons instead. 1. Download the Color Your Heart Out Valentine Cards (link above).
2. Cut out the cards and add to clear cello bags. Click here for the ones we recommend!
3. Next, get ready to get crafty! Kids of all ages can participate in making the shaped crayons. We used a heart shape for ours, but there are all kinds of shape options available. Click here for a heart silicone mold.
4. Round up all those broken crayons you have laying around and peel them (pro tip: it helps to soak them in a bowl of water for a little while to loosen the wrappers). Then, break them into pieces small enough to fit in your mold and place the mold in the oven at 230 degrees for 10 –15 minutes!
5. Pull out the melted crayon hearts and let them cool down. Then pop them out of and into your Valentines!
6. Color your heart out with friends!